Monday, December 12, 2011

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow-Day Six


Since we really haven't had the snow that I want for Christmas, I thought we could decorate the tree in "snow flakes". Pretty paper snow flakes! Paper snow flakes have been used to decorate our homes windows for years. I think as soon as my kids could fold paper, we have made paper snow flakes. When the first snow hits, over hot chocolate after building the first seasons snow man, paper snow flakes were made (okay so maybe not that Norman Rockwell style, but it sounds lovely doesn't it.) Regardless of how less than perfect the scenario is when we make them, paper snowflakes are a beautiful edition to our tree.

Instructions:
1. As many sheets of paper you want. Just keep them square.
2. Fold and fold and fold again.
3. Glue and hang with ribbon.
See that is not hard right.....right.....okay here are some pictures:


 


Once you have all your snow flakes cut, you can string ribbon and hang them from your tree, or glue them to make them more three dimensional. Like this:


And then you end up with these:
I should warn you, be prepared for a mess because once you start cutting, little paper triangles go everywhere :)
So here is how it looked on our tree....

 They don't look like traditional snowflakes, but I like them better.

 I bet you could never tell that a elementary age girl made this "heart" snowflake...love her creativity :)

2 comments:

Leilani said...

I love all the colored paper you are using. It makes the tree feel like an old fashioned country Christmas.
You are so talented and you have such a great style.

Teri said...

Thanks Leilani! It feels like that this year for sure. I am having a lot of fun.