Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Star-said in AWE-Day 12!!!

I am in love people. I loved my tree, but once I made this star, and put it on my tree, I fell head over heels in love with this tree. All the paper, the traditional ornaments as well as the fun twists on "everyday" things, just sent my heart a flutter. But the star.....the beautiful star....well here you take a look!
It's so gorgeous! I found a link on pinterest and followed these instructions to make our star. I would recommend this to anyone! Can you imagine a cute wreath for a bedroom door done in birthday paper? Or for a baby shower!? Or any holiday!?!?! I want to try and make one with 12 pieces of paper. I will probably blog about that if I do it.
Here are a few tricks that I did, once I read the above instructions. After I folded and cut the first paper, I used that as my "stencil" to make matching cuts on the other 5 papers. That way I didn't have to measure for each one. Scotch tape does not hold very well, I ended up redoing it with glue dots. And they held so much better. Also it's a lil tricky to staple the "sides (big to small) together with a big stapler, if you have a mini stapler use that. I also took a toilet paper roll (never thought I would put TP in a blog post) and cut about an inch off, covered it in decorative paper and used it as a base.
I am in love...what do you think? I may use this design as 'snowflakes' for the tree next year with smaller square paper. (4x4 instead of 6x6)....
Here is our finished tree as my 12 Days of Christmas comes to an end.......I am in love......
And yes I know the star is crooked, I can't reach it to fix it...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I wish you a season of peace, love, family and fun. See you in the new year :)

No comments: