Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Ornament Balls Anyone-Day Eleven


You know when I remember my Christmas tree decorating as a kid, I remember putting ornament balls on the tree in either red shiny or white satin. I couldn't let this year go by without any "balls". But I didn't have enough paper left to make any 3-D balls like these;

Origami Ball


Paper Balls
I needed 6 pieces of paper for my star and I could have made one ball....one.....and my "matching or equal OCD" issues would have been going bonkers with just one....just one people....unless they are in groups of three or just one single unit which is fine if it's a star on a pinnacle of a tree....you get my issues right.....moving on!

So anyway I looked around for any ideas and I ran across 6 wooden circle disks. And that was my "Light Buuuuulb" (said in of course Gru's voice) moment.
Here is how they look:





My youngest daughter is the only one left helping now, the other kids just want to watch the movie...which is fine...they oooh and aaaah in all the right tones for her and I :)
The star is tomorrow and I loooooove it, I hope you will too!

No comments: