Sunday, November 27, 2011

It All Starts with a Tree

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that having my oldest son, destroy, lose or ruin all the ornaments I had been collecting for my kids for years would be a great thing, I may have stuck my tongue out at them. But it's true....we have a much more crafty Christmas as a family. And my kids still talk about the last five Christmas' more than they did the previous five.


It starts with a tree, and not just any ole tree but a tree that I spy at the tree lot that "speaks" to me, one that when I look at all it's branch glory and lil gaps inspires me with ideas. I found such a tree this year and I was inspired by nature, sparkle and just family fun...images of my family around the table laughing, singing, ok being honest a little fighting filled my head...so we bought her and brought her home.
This year we are making handmade ornaments, throwing in some sparkle and mother nature too....follow along for the next 12 days to see how we take "just a tree" to Christmas magic. It all starts with a tree and a lot of lights...

No comments: