Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!

°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸ ♥ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°

~~~ HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY - GOD BLESS THE USA ~~~


¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ♥ ¯`°º·¤. ¸¯`°º·

I love this holiday! As a matter of fact as I prepare this post I am reminded of all the things my ancestors sacrificed to build this country up to what it is today. I recently read the constitution of the United States. I am going to try to do this every year in July, and thanks to a good friend, I now have a pocket size constitution that can go with me until I finish it! As I read through the document, I thought about all the trials and tribulation our ancestors had to go through to even have the inkling to protect such rights.

When you think of our first president, you cannot fault the man that George Washington was. I don't know what conspiracies or controversies he had to face in his day but the fact that he was chosen to lead this great country as the new and stalwart leader says something about the man. Have you ever thought of what it really took to get our independence? How these men were humble enough to commit treason and declare our independence from England in a time when God, King, and Country was the correct order? How many young immigrants gave up their lives to make this country independent? It is so humbling to me that even in this day and age of wars, hypocrisy, scandals, and corrupt politicians we celebrate this day with such fervor and life! God Bless America!!! God Bless the many men and women who are not only serving in our military forces today but to all the men and women who gave up their lives to maintain our freedoms. May you know the appreciation, gratitude and love I have in my heart for your sacrifices.

I hope with your BBQs, parades, or whatever you do to celebrate the 4th, you will take the time to reflect on the greatness of our legacy, and to help ensure that the freedoms we still enjoy today, will always remain so.

Have a great HOLIDAY! Be safe, be happy and most of all be proud!

No comments: