Monday, December 5, 2011

Got the Munchies?-Day Four

After a very long 4 days of sickness I now have the energy to blog. Who knew that strep throat, sinus infection, and bronchitis could be so exhausting...HA this girl now knows!
My kids really missed doing the decorations and truth be told, I did too. So here it is, our day 4.... You know those hand thingys that you made in grade school that you put the names of colors on the outside flaps, spell it out and pick a number on the inside flap, count out the number, pick another number and lift the flap to reveal a message to read....I know they have a name. I don't know what it is. So my youngest daughter started calling them munchies and that is what they are known as at my house.
I was just playing around with my youngest and started folding one out of scrapbook paper. It looked so cute and I didn't think anything of it until she turned it upside down. Then the crafty side of brain started to tingle and a new paper ornament idea was born.

 I am sure these pictures will help jog your memory of how to make them. Really simple and I would suggest finding scrapbook paper that has designs on both sides. I hung it up side down and liked having a dual design.
 I am posting these pics and thinking, Red- R-E-D, pick a number....5...1-2-3-4-5....pick another number, 7...You are Cute...grade school memories......
 Don't forget to flip it over, my younger kids always forgot this step and didn't understand why there were no tabs for them to slide their fingers in.....
 Almost done....don't you love picture help, I do, I am awful at reading instructions and I could type in Wally Walrus Writes a Riddle in here and you may not even know it.....
 Almost done.....anyone remember MASH papers....this tree project sure has the old school notes, games and paper projects falling out of the wood work....
I fold it along the "crease" just to break it in a little. Makes it easier to slide your fingers in...










 Now slide your thumb and forefinger from one hand on one side, and slide your thumb and forefinger with other hand on the other side....clear as mud right?
 Ignore the mess, I was still decorating, and well I rarely set up shots, I just click and you get to see my nonexistent photo set up skills at work....
Did you ever make yours with boys names that you had a crush on....those were so "scandalous"











Whew that was a lot of picture....still with me? Now just turn then upside down, punch a small hole in the center and loop a ribbon through and tie it off. Ta DA! You now have a munchie ornament.









 If you missed our 12 days of handmade ornaments, here are links back to the beginning....
Grade School Paper Chains-Day Three
Mother Nature Deserves Sparkle-Day Two
It All Starts With a Tree- Day One

No comments: