Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mom Look What I Made at School-Day Nine

My youngest daughter is loving decorating the tree. She constantly wants to add more decorations.  So much in fact that I am starting to get concerned she won't leave enough paper for the rest of the days.....so if we end on day 10 you will know why.
She came home from school with this small paper cube that she had learned to make for math. I was so impressed I asked her if she wanted to teach us how to make them for our tree.She was....gidexhapastic..you know giddy, happy, excited and ecstatic combined. No matter my power of description, these boxes are origami and I don't think I could describe them sufficiently for those of you who read my little blog.....and because I am not tech savvy to upload a video to my blog...I went on a search on YouTube....again....because I can....and here it is..... Origami Cube.
Even if you don't want to make these cubes, you should watch the video.  I was so impressed that my six year old came home and taught us this. I feel like she is a mini genius.
We added ribbon to make them look like little mini gifts hanging from our tree. Here is how they look:
  I like the wider ribbon.....

and I like the narrower ribbon.....

You decide which you like better and hey you could always hide those small gifts in one of these....it would be a lot of fun to watch them being opened.....

No comments: